Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Able to connect to network, but not the internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdgf25

jdgf25

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hi,
I have wireless network set up in my home, and for some reason i am unable to connect to the internet on one of the computers(desktop-windows XP) connected to this network.
The router i am using is a TRENDnet router and a CC&C usb wireless adapter( model wl-6200c) for the desktop
it is able to find and connect to wireless networks, but it is not able to connect to the internet. Firefox, IE and msn cannot connect. although when i open a torrent client( bitcomet) it is able to connect and download stuff.
I have tried connecting the desktop directly to the wireless router using an ethernet cable but it didnt work.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hi,
I have wireless network set up in my home, and for some reason i am unable to connect to the internet on one of the computers(desktop-windows XP) connected to this network.
The router i am using is a TRENDnet router and a CC&C usb wireless adapter( model wl-6200c) for the desktop
it is able to find and connect to wireless networks, but it is not able to connect to the internet. Firefox, IE and msn cannot connect. although when i open a torrent client( bitcomet) it is able to connect and download stuff.

It is on the net but dns may be a problem. Open a command prompt and type in the following:
ipconfig /flush dns
ipconfig /registerdns
MCP
MSDST

#3 jdgf25

jdgf25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

nope, still doesnt work !

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

You might want to checkout an antivirus solution... such as www.superantispyware.com it is free and picks up most DNS Changers. Such as New.net.domains...I hate this software that ISNT A VIRUS Quote end quote. My ass, it is totally a virus. Download it from a different computer, get the "Manual Updates" and run a full scan. Tell us how it works.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 yellowman388

yellowman388

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

i have the same problem...i can connect to the network but not hte internet....the router im using is a linksys WRT110 with Rangeplus.....and i am using AVG....what do u suggest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users