Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question | Where can I download Hebrew input language?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Virus_Killer

Virus_Killer

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hello, members of the best forum in the world!

One of my friends have a problem- she synchronized her computer (Window XP), and after the sync, she wasn't able to write in Hebrew anymore.

I than told her to right-click on the Language Bar -> Settings -> Add, and than choose Hebrew, but she told me hebrew wasn't in the list...

Than, I adviced her to check in Control panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages, and than to check (place a V) in the 2 boxes.

She did it, but in the middle of the installation of the languages the wizard asked to put-in an original Windows XP disk.

As she doesn't own one, I tried to look for a download link for those language files. My questions is-

Where can I download the input language files for her computer so than she'll be able to write in Hebrew?

Thanks for the helpers :) And another thing- I own an original XP disk, can I copy those language files and send her?

And if I can, what is the name of the folder those files are in, and how should she install them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

They might be in the i386 folder:
http://www.petri.co.il/install_hebrew_on_windows_xp.htm

Download offered here:
http://www.geocities.com/fontboard/heblpk.html

Just be sure to download to the Desktop and scan with your AV before installing to be safe
:thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Virus_Killer

Virus_Killer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Thanks!

Problem solved! You can lock the topic, if you want...

Edited by Virus_Killer, 23 December 2008 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users