Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intel dx48bt2 board

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 janouelle

janouelle

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

hello everyone
I've got a serious problem but easy to solve with ur help coz i don't have any idea about how to fix it
the problem is
while ago i build my own pc
everything is working perfect as soon i connect it and turn on except 1 and was the front usb port
( Number of front usb:2 usb port )

first time i turn on my computer i had that message saying something about usb port exceed power something like that can't really remember
my board is dx48bt2 from intel
case is coler master cm690
if u check the picture u'll c that the mother got 2 headers where i can plug the usb1 &2 but the problem is that i don't where or how to connect them
if u guys u'd like to have a look on the user manual for it here the web
http://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...e2741601_en.pdf
plz if any one can help that would be much appreciate

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

With certain motherboards, and with certain headers, the shielded cable must be snipped in order to not short out the USB ports. You can see that pin #10 does not have a connection. I have seen some headers (the wire from up front) that have the shielded cable connected in such a way as to short something out.

I hope I am not confusing you more. Maybe someone else has a better way to explain?

DR

#3 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

I have same type of board but earlier model. The usb headers from the front panel are clearly marked and are a single plug. You should not be able to plug it in incorrectly altho "murphy lives in my house" ...

Anyway since you mentioned something about power what type and wattage of power supply are you using? It may be that you are attempting to put a new board into a really old case ... unknown ?

For the rear usb ports just purchase a card, pop it in the backplane and connect the header wires ... most are well marked and easy to installl.

best of luck

#4 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

my system options are
MB intel dx48bt2
cpu qx6850 extreme
case cm690 cooler master new case
power supply atx 1200 watts
vga 9800gx2
ram ddr3 4gb
sound card creative
i think i received that msg coz i connected the usb in the wrong way
and by the way the rear usb port are working properly i just have to install the drivers for the mb and don't need
to connect but the front panel doesn't work coz i don't know how to connect them

#5 OMGWTFVISTA

OMGWTFVISTA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

my system options are
MB intel dx48bt2
cpu qx6850 extreme
case cm690 cooler master new case
power supply atx 1200 watts
vga 9800gx2
ram ddr3 4gb
sound card creative
i think i received that msg coz i connected the usb in the wrong way
and by the way the rear usb port are working properly i just have to install the drivers for the mb and don't need
to connect but the front panel doesn't work coz i don't know how to connect them

I have the same board with a thermaltake Kandalf LCS case. The 2 USB connectors from the case were 2x one flat connector with all the wires in the connector lined up in a row. The connections on the mobo have two rows, it's easy to get confused as to which side to attach the single row connectors to the dual row connections on the mobo. I can help out a little later, I'm at work but when I get home I'll open up the case and post a reply about how my connectors are situated on the mobo.

#6 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

hi OMGWTFVISTA thanks for reading my issue please im still waiting for your reply if you have time and you if can help me that would be much appreciate

Edited by janouelle, 31 December 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#7 OMGWTFVISTA

OMGWTFVISTA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

hi OMGWTFVISTA thanks for reading my issue please im still waiting for your reply if you have time and you if can help me that would be much appreciate

Sorry I've been away, holidays and family crap on the holidays.

Anyway Iook a pic of my board connection it but it's way too bright, you won't see a thing. I don't know your wiring color code but here's what I did

Here's a pic from my manual:
Posted Image

I attached the connectors on the "inside" row of the usb connections. That's the row closest to the sata connections for the hard drives, if you look at the pic in the link below on page 48 figure G, it's the right-side column!

Attach them with the red wire facing left so that the red wire is connected to the power (+5) pin on the USB connector.

Posted Image

See page 48 figure G for the pic of the USB connector and pin by pin description.

http://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...e2741601_en.pdf

I hope I haven't confused you.

Edited by OMGWTFVISTA, 01 January 2009 - 12:46 PM.

#8 janouelle

janouelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

mate i really appreciate ur help i'm gonna try doing it the way u explain and 10x a lot for ur reply hope u have a happy new year and great holidays and thanks for every one else

#9 OMGWTFVISTA

OMGWTFVISTA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

I hope you got everything working, happy New Year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users