I have a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A which I have been using for the past four years. Now I am facing the foll problem:
1. When i am starting my system (Win XP), the mouse gets activated.
2. It stays activated for about 10 seconds or so and then the power goes off from the mouse.
3. If I remove the mouse from the USB port and then re plug it there, the mouse again gets the power.
4. The power stays for abt 10 or 15 seconds and then the mouse dies yet again. This cycle continues.
5. Sometimes the message comes, "USB device not recognised" and sometimes the message comes "your USB device is installed and is ready for use".
6. Device manager shows Mice and other handheld devices and after a while the entry vanishes.
7. There is one heading in the device manager called 'human interface device' which shows with a yellow exclamation mark. Trying to uninstal and reinstal it has given no results.
8. When i am looking into the Mouse section in COntrol Panel, it shows as if no mouse i attached and properties show "Cannot start device, error code (10)".
9. There was a solution provided in the Windows website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122) which deals with deleting registry keys and reinstalling the device. But even that has failed.
10. There is nothing wrong with the mouse as such because when I am plugging the same mouse into another system, it is working perfectly.
Please help me in installing my mouse properly. My PC is abt 4 years old and it has never had this kind of probem before.
Edited by suvarghyadutta, 23 December 2008 - 04:19 AM.