Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best apple computer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DamSexy

DamSexy

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:24 AM

ok, so ive decided i want to buy an apple computer but i dnt no which one to buy! i want one for every day use! one with a good graphics card, reasonable amount of memory, stylish, etc. please can someone help me?

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum.

Edited by scarlett, 16 May 2005 - 11:48 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

Whats your budget...

These come to mind to me:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...1.3.1.2.0.0.1.0

#3 DamSexy

DamSexy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

Im prepared to spend how ever much it takes to get a decent one.
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

I would go this direction:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...21.3.1.1.0?8,21
and upgrade the memory to 1gb

#5 MalikTous

MalikTous

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:10 AM

If you're a power user, a PowerMac G5 will have the muscle to handle CAD, graphic design work, animation, audio editting, amd more, all without having the user worry about resources. If you do serious work on the go, use the PowerBook. If you're just a novice or intermediate who's more concerned about finishing the college course and/or getting through nondemanding work, an iMac or iBook is great and lower cost, and if you just want a box to try out Mac, you're advised to use a Mini or eMac alongside existing machines, maybe including a KVM switch to avoid adding another monitor...
'Open the @^!&&!#& hatch, Hal!'

'I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that...'

#6 apple

apple

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:02 AM

is it a desktop or powerbook, which ever you buy, get the most powerful one you can afford, you'll see that it will stay updated as time goes by. hard drive space and ram are very important, get the most you can. i made sure i put two GB of ram in my 17 inch powerbook. good luck

#7 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

The best Apple computer hasn't been released yet -- it will have an Intel CPU with more processing power than the old Apples - just like Windows PC users have had for years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users