Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE & Firefox Browsers close abruptly/intermittently

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moni72

Moni72

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

Hi
I am new to the forum and wondered if someone could help me?

I'm having problems with my Sony Vaio Desktop. I'm on Windows XP and first started having problems with the following message appearing:

"The last attempt to restart the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to restart again?

Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu
Continue with system restart"

When Continue with system restart wouldn't work I selected Delete restoration data. This has happened a couple of times but seems to have stopped now.

Then I started having the problems with both IE and Firefox shutting down. Sometimes its fine for a while then goes down other times it opens and closes immediately.

I ran Spybot Search & Destroy and it found coolwwwsearch.svchost32 and I selected fix problem.
I ran Ad-aware and it found nothing.
My anti-virus software AVG has removed a few Trojan Horse infections to the Vault recently. These were Downloader.Zlob.AHRY, DNSChanger.AW and Agent.ADM
I updated my Java which was running on an older version.

Would someone be able to advise me why this might be happening and/or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users