Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

maxtor - maxblast backup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 watchitallignite

watchitallignite

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

i'm infected with a vundo trojan, and i've just about had it. i've done pretty much everything i can.

anyway, i have my drives partioned, and one drive has a maxtor maxblast backup archive. how to i use this?
i want to restore my system back to the happy, functioning PC that it once was. how do i restore it using the backup?

thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

You have a topic posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188533/xp-vundo/
in which you also mention Vundo.
It's confusing to have topics concerning the same thing in different forums. IF you want to restore your system, you will need to post in the above linked topic and ask that it be closed and why.
OR if want to wait until a malware removal expert looks at that post, this one will need to be closed. Your choice which on to close.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 December 2008 - 02:28 AM.

#3 watchitallignite

watchitallignite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

please close this topic.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

Closed at OP request
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users