Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure Remote Documents

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TwistedMage

TwistedMage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

I have a law-based client that wants its clients to be able to log in, and view their documents on their server. Obviously due to the nature of the documents, they want their clients to only be able to read their own documents, and not even be able to see other clients names, much less folders or documents. I would think that IIS would be the best way to handle this, but I need a little advice. Their server is SBS2003

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi, how many clients are we talking about? FTP might be the way to go then using deny access to folders but if anyone has a better idea please post.
MCP
MSDST

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

I agree with Monty, FTP is the most secure way for them to remotley access their files. If you need a free FTP server software (easier than SMB setup), search up ZFtp.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users