Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible for a web browser to be a target

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have never heard of it, but I need to post. I downloaded Flock about a month ago to use as a now and then browser. I get bored so I use firefox3.0 the most, k-meleon and Opera. I have not been infected with more than one trogan in eight months. Three weeks ago i was browsing with flock on a site named buddytv.com. It seems safe to me, I clicked on a link, and spysweeper told me i had a problem. long story short, saw av2009 telling me to download it because i was infected. Twenty trogans and some adware. Did a hijack log and i was clean. Two days ago browsing with flock watching a football video on ESPN.com. Almost the same thing. Ten trogans and adware. Twice browsing with flock at web sites that should be secure. ESPN? Used flock maybe three to four hours a week? THOUGHTS? I won't use it again, uninstalled it. I don't know what to make of it other than goodbye flock.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

Honestly I've never heard of that browser. It is possible for sites to exploit vulnerabilities in specific browsers though. It seems strange that ESPN would be infected........It's possible your computer was already infected.

#3 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

saw av2009 telling me to download it because i was infected.

Just got attacked myself and it was really tough even trying to shut the computer down. Finally had to do a nuke and burn and start over. Have they found a fix yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users