Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Atheros AR5005UG drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeedaiace

jeedaiace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

I am putting together a brand new computer, running on XP Pro 64. I need to connect a wireless LAN device to my computer but can't get my computer to use my chip.
I'm using a netgear WG111T, which netgear isn't supporting for 64-bit OS, with a Atheros AR5005UG chipset. I've found a driver online that says it should support the AR5005UG, (atheros 4.2.2.14 whql install pack with ar5211.sys inside) but the New Hardware wizard doesn't recognise any of the drivers as going to my wireless card when I point it to that folder.
So, 2 questions
1) Do I have the right driver for a AR5005UG chipset on XP Pro x64?
2) How do install the driver when I get it?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

As many of us, you have problems finding drivers for 64-bit versions of windows. As for myself, my printer will not be compatible, as with my copy of Guitar hero aerosmith edition. You will have to wait for a fix to be uploaded to netgears site, or try to find a driver that is compatible. It will be a lot of trial and error, but you might have to find someone that is a programmer that has already uploaded a driver for it. you might want to check this out:

http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=16132

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users