Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This rogue antivirus bug is residing permanently!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2leashes

2leashes

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

Okay, even though I did two scans with MBAM per instructions, it still hasn't killed this rogue antivirus infection. The last (full) scan late last night showed everything clear. Not true. :thumbsup:

As I said previously, I am able to sign on to Internet Explorer and the rogue antivirus pop-ups aren't there or come up very rarely and I can get rid of them. But, I am NOT able to be on AOL because the pop-ups are there constantly not allowing me to do anything. I WAS able to access my AOL mail through IE UNTIL I downloaded and scanned with MBAM. Now I can't even do that. It basically freezes up on me when I try to open my mail. So I have to go to Task Manager and even that's difficult to end task. Hit or miss. Last night I finally gave up and just logged off my computer and went to bed. :flowers:

I'm really frustrated and hoping that one of you can help me bring my computer (and mostly my AOL, which I admit to being in love with)...BACK TO LIFE!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

Can you access MBam from Safe Mode and get us a scan log. I'm guessing XP for your OS.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Edited by boopme, 22 December 2008 - 02:04 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 2leashes

2leashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

I posted two scans from MBAM in my original post. Will it be different in Safe Mode?

What is OS? I'm on Vista Home Premium. Excuse my not knowing anything! :thumbsup:

Can you access MBam from Safe Mode and get us a scan log. I'm guessing XP for your OS.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

OS = Operating System, Now I know you have Vista.
Ummm I look at your first post . I see NO logs.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 2leashes

2leashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

I meant my original post under another thread about ROGUE antivirus. I followed the moderator's directions and download MBAM and copied amd pasted the logs in quick and full scan.

OS = Operating System, Now I know you have Vista.
Ummm I look at your first post . I see NO logs.

Edited by 2leashes, 24 December 2008 - 05:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users