Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dabaseballkid15

dabaseballkid15

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

When I turned on my computer (Dell 5150 Laptop running Windows XP Home) this morning, the resolution was different. Different how? Well, the startmenu bar was smaller, the text on the icons was smaller(the icons may be slightly smaller, but its hard to tell, because everything isnt to scale like it usually is), when I right-clicked, the text was smaller on the labels, etc. When I opened Internet Explorer, everything was smaller also, however my text-size setting had not changed. Also, when I opened a folder, everything was smaller as well. I tried changing resolutions and changing font size settings without much luck. Any help would be great, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

That's strange. Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop, then clicking Properties, then the Settings tab and resetting your resolution? Most LCD screens have a "native" resolution and look better when they're set to it. Do you know what your normal resolution should be?

#3 dabaseballkid15

dabaseballkid15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:00 AM

yeah, i tried doing Properties>Settings but it wasnt unsuccessful... my current resolution is 1400x1050... when i go lower, everything gets too large, and the text is blurry, its strange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users