Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No signal to monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GiganticDays

GiganticDays

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:56 AM

I have the following setup:-
Epox NPAJ9-SLI motherboard
AMD Dual-Core 64-4200 CPU
4Gb RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD3450 Graphics Card
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Connected via DVI to an Albatron LWX-30-AMS 30" LCD monitor/TV

Problem is that after a period of inactivity the monitor shows "No signal" and will not wake up. The PC is running fine as I can access it via Remote Desktop.
I've tried setting the power settingts to never turn off monitor but that hasn't helped.
The problem also sometimes occurs if I don't switch on the monitor before the PC boots. If I turn it on afterwards then it shows "No signal".
I tried setting Catalyst Control Center to force detection of the monitor when it loads and set a hotkey combo to start CCC. That seemed to work but now it doesn't - unfortunately that's the nature of intermittent problems. :thumbsup:

It's not convenient to have the monitor on all of the time as the PC is primarily used as a media server (and part-time HTPC).

Anyone got any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

Have you checked your connections?

Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see if there are any error showing up at the times that this is happening?

I tried googling your motherboard and nothing shows up, are you sure that you have this posted correctly?

If you have onboard graphics you might try removing the dedicated graphics card to see if the dedicated card is the problem. If you have onboard video you may have to enable this in the BIOS, some boards will switch automatically, some won't.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cajun1

cajun1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

i'm having the same problem as well, i went on vacation , and purchased a new 1GB sdram after i installed it then turned my puter on my monitor displays no signal then shuts off, before i left it was working fine. i have a nvidia gforce 4400 mad dog adapter installed,, i think. lately it has been making a bunch of noise from the fan. my monitor is an envision 19 inch lcd. any chance i may need a new card?
i'm running a hp pavilion a510n. would it help if i remove the card ,,clean it out then replace it? or should i get another one?

please help, i like my laptop but not that much. any help would be GREATLY appreciated a.s.a.p.

thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users