Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: 0x0000007B

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheNewbAvenger

TheNewbAvenger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

Hey all,

I was able to fix it! I tried making a boot disk for Windows 2000 from a boot disks website, but that wouldn't even start.

So, I put in a boot disk for Windows XP. It gave me the option (after loading) to repair any installations. From there, I could just type in CHKDSK and other command prompt stuff. I used CHKDSK /P which repaired any bad areas-then rebooted my computer, and it is working fine!

Could you, or anybody else tell me exactly what you did? I am currently having this same exact error. For creating a boot disk, I'm assuming you used a website such as Bootdisk.Com? Well, I think you are right about the Windows 2000 boot disk not working as they didn't work for me either... Well... as of now, I cannot currently try the XP boot disks because (just now) my other computer's floppy disk drive isn't working. I'm thinking of using a friend's or something, sometime soon.

However, this also poses another question; in regards to the aforementioned website Bootdisk.Com, I am supposed to be downloading the "XP Quick Boot Diskette," pertaining to what you said - "So, I put in a boot disk for Windows XP," correct? Also, am I copying the files correctly? Because I merely just put the zip/img files on my desktop, then transferred them to the floppy disk (when my floppy disk worked, and only on my 2K try), then put them on my Windows 2000 in hopes of fixing this problem, but nothing.

If all of this is really hard to understand... then how could I solve the error: STOP: 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If it makes it easier to answer... then I could suppose I could say that this didn't help whatsoever. I took general steps to try and fix it, and I have NONE of those specific issues, so nada...

Also, the first parameter immediately following the generic stop error is unique, since I haven't seen it online: 0x81859030

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheNewbAvenger

TheNewbAvenger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

If it helps anything, I got this error immediately following a blackout..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users