Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cani reinsatll microsoft office?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simpleplanchick88

simpleplanchick88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

Alright so i am pretty sure i have a virus and i want to sweep my harddrive. Now i had to install microsoft office to my computer but since i already used the product key can i reuse it to get it all back. i am going crazy and microsoft sucks because if you need help they charge you. can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:27 AM

If you mean that you have used the product key for the original installation on that computer, then yes there is no problem, you can use the same key again to re-install.

If you had to contact Microsoft the first time to activate the software (depends on Version), you may need to call and activate it again. There should be no problem doing this, just explain the software is being re-installed onto the same computer due to virus infection. If you were previously issued with an activation code and you still have it written down, most likely that activation code will also work again, as it is based on the hardware in your computer, and ensures the software installation is valid for that computer alone.

If you mean the product key has already been used for installation on a different computer, then no, the same key cannot be used to install the software concurrently on two computers. (Edit: with Office, if the EULA for your version allows it, a second copy can be installed on a portable device eg laptop for use by the license holder only when the primary installation is not being used.)

Edited by Platypus, 22 December 2008 - 05:08 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users