Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using onboard graphics with video card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

I have a new computer with an Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard. I am currently running 2 monitors on a GeForce 8400 GS card with one using the VGA and one using DVI. The motherboard also has onboard graphics and I would like to run a 3rd. monitor if possible.

Does anyone know if the onboard graphics can be enabled while the other graphics card is installed or does the onboard get automatically disabled when the card is installed.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

I did it with my computer before. Before you go out and buy a new monitor though, you may want to try one screen hooked up to the graphics card, then one hooked up to the onboard.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users