Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot get into bios (phoenix-award)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tha7!

Tha7!

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

the board is an asus a7n8x i cannot get into my bios what can i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Check your RAM for issues, using Memtest...and/or check/replace your CMOS battery.

I would just replace the CMOS battery as a first step and see if things change. Ignore any suggestions to write down the CMOS settings, this is currently unnecessary but used to be necessary on some systems.

CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

#3 Tha7!

Tha7!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

wow i've been so frustrated with it i didn't even get into enough detail...i can't remember the password, which is strange because even though it's been 5 years since i set it i only use a few passwords

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

So you are having an issue with the password and not something else preventing you from getting into bios?

If it is strictly a password issue:

BC rules state:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass passwords. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please send a private message to a moderator. Thank you for your understanding.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

Well, I had to edit my whole post.
There are BIOS Password reset instructions out there.

Edited by dpunisher, 21 December 2008 - 11:22 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:14 AM

As Queen Evie has stated, the board rules prohibit the bypassing of passwords.
This topic is closed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

lol i never knew that
and if that Queen guy didit put hes post up i would have anwered hes qestion lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users