Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forum infected with Trojans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherrylynne

sherrylynne

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but a forum has just started up that I belong to, and we are having some problems with trojans. Here is a copy of what's happening:

Okay, Chris Ash and I have been talking about trying to get a different ad service (forumer.com, who hosts FH, offers a few different ad services but unless we pay, we can't be ad-free.)

For a while we thought about Google Ads which is the safest (no viruses) but ended up not going that route because google pulls keywords from the text of the forum as ads --- since it's a ferret forum, things like anatomical body parts and poop and pee are all common subjects, and one can guess what google might pull as ads then...

But just now I've gotten two trojans from an ad through the service we're using right now, and a week or so ago Ash was having the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Quit using the ad service until you can find a better alternative? Google does pull ads based on keywords found in the text, but AFAIK, one can customize the ads so that certain words are not keyed on. Grinler would have a better idea than I would about how it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users