Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling fedora 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a1sporty15

a1sporty15

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

Hi I have fedora 10 and I would like to unistall it. Problem is I don't know how. I don't want to just stick my windows xp cd in and format my whole drive and then just install. i already have a partition set up for xp (dual booting) and a partition for my back up files. So I guess all Im really asking is how can i delete the partition that my fedora is on without hurting my other files?
Thanks in advance.

also!

Im looking to test out the debain distro
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r5/i386/iso-cd/

do i really need all 21 iso files or if i just download one and burn it onto a cd it will work normally. also im working how big should each distro be like. debian could be around 700 mbs and slackware could be 4.4 gb's or are they all generally the same size!! thanks for your help its greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

The info in the link below is for uninstalling Ubuntu when it is installed on a dual boot with Windows. I am sure the same instructions would apply for your distro as well. Well, pretty sure.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=113630
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users