Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, everyone!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Family calls me MONK

Family calls me MONK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hello! :thumbsup: I'm the geekiest person in my family! I'm the person that MUST have everything explained in an orderly fashion or I'm not gonna get it.
I.E.: Step 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. They don't understand that TO ME, they speak with gaps in their conversation!
They assume that I'll just understand everything because the "Tech guy" of the family.
I explain that assuming anything is NOT what I do. :cool:

I have an A.A.S. in Computer & Electronic Engineering Technology (C.E.E.T.) from ITT Technical Institute. I've had the degree since 2005 and have not been able to get a job in the field because certifications (A+, N+, etc.) don't come with the degree! And I haven't been able to get the funds to get the certs! Then the economy took a serious dive, etc., etc., etc.! :trumpet:

So, most of my knowlege comes from my books, personal computer building & repair of friends/family stuff... and the forums that I'm a member of! :flowers:

Shoot, anybody ever want to ask me any personal questions, just PM me or post it on the forum---I don't care :inlove:
Mark G. Wit******

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

Step 1. Welcome to this friendly user community!
Step 2. Where you can help other Members with computer problems, please don't hesitate to do so.
Step 3. Have a very Happy Holiday!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users