Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COMPUTER dely issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seleven

seleven

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:04 AM

I just RMA'ed my mobo but still getting these re-occuring problems

I have the side of the chassis off and I can see that when I press the chassis on/off switch to power on (there is a power on delay), the cpu and chassis fans spin up, come to a stop and about 1-2s later come back on repeat.... I press the power button and it sound like it wants to start up but it turns off right away. You push it again and it does the same thing....Nothing comes up on the screen ; everything seems to run normally if i leave the computer unpluged over night but then after 1-15min of use it shuts down....

I had the MOBO RMA'ed i still dont know whats up because i thought that was the problem (i've had this comp for a little over a year and also this problem has occured before even when i first built it!)

The setup i have is
520W PSU Crosair
2.4 Dual Core INTEL
8800GT GFX Card
GiGabyte MOBO

thx for your help

-s11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

You have already replaced the motherboard I would suspect A short between the motherboard and the case. Or a faulty power supply next. Make sure the motherboard is sitting properly on the stand offs between it and the case. To make sure you can try powering up the motherboard on wooden table with all the components installed.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 seleven

seleven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

Seems to give me the same problems.

I have a crosair 520w i thought it was suppose to be good..... How can i check if that is the problem? Or if the CHIP is the problem? This is my only computer and i really have nothing esle to work with

Edited by seleven, 21 December 2008 - 08:04 PM.

#4 seleven

seleven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

i have a 400w antec from a old computer about 4 yrs... would that be ok to use on my current rig? im scared i will fry it or something will happen if i dont use enough poiwer

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

The antec should be ok as long as there is nothing wrong with it. Does your motherboard have on board video? If it does try and get the motherboard to post with only the processor and memory installed using the on board video. If that doesnt work try without the Processor. The computer wont completly boot but it should try and post and fail due to the removed processor. If it does post and fail then the processor is the problem. If it doesnt post replace the processor and try without the memory.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users