Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security options switched to accept all cookies, random popups, etc

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

hi! i've been very careful since i last got infected. However, i bumped into some free webs awhile ago and i believed that hv got my comoputer infected. i 've done some scanning with ad-aware, spybot and windows defender and it appears that i'm infected. I'm really worried. when i go online, a popup window about downloading antivirus software would come up. i closed it (worrying that's some other kind of virus) but another window pop up. (that thing showed up more than 3 times while i'm typing this thread) I checked the internet options and the security setting hv set itself to accept all cookies. i believe i still hv some softwares like hijackthis, super anti spyware that i downloaded from last yr (when i got infected).i dont know what to do now. :thumbsup:

any help is appreciated.

jocelyn

Edited by joyjocelyn, 21 December 2008 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

#3 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

hi. i did wt you told me to do . there're sth that i think i should mention. i always hv my spybot on and while i perform the scan i allow the changes Malwarebytes did. Should i turn it off until my computer is clean? also, i just notice that my symantec antivrus seems to be turning itself off too. i wonder if it's a result of the virus. anyways, here's the log. i hope i did it right.

thank you very much

jocelyn

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1528
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

21/12/2008 1:13:32
mbam-log-2008-12-21 (01-13-32).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 54626
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 18
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 16

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cbXPjKBt.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{91714517-d0a7-4c08-9bdc-8da5a5e242ce} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{91714517-d0a7-4c08-9bdc-8da5a5e242ce} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{91714517-d0a7-4c08-9bdc-8da5a5e242ce} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affltid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affltid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\pphidpad (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\cbxpjkbt -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\cbxpjkbt -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL\CheckedValue (Hijack.System.Hidden) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tBKjPXbc.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tBKjPXbc.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pdxyvido.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\odivyxdp.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cbXPjKBt.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINPENJR\win32\pphidpad.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\Local Settings\Temp\winvsnet.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kxvo.exe (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\prunnet.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fool0.dll (Worm.OnlineG) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieso0.dll (Worm.OnlineG) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJayyAQ.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\Local Settings\Temp\rasesnet.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\Local Settings\Temp\wavvsnet.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

Please reboot your pc, if you didn't do it already.
Then, do a full scan with MBAM and post the logfile in your next reply. :thumbsup:

#5 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

ok. i did the full scan already. here's the log

thank you very much

jocelyn

21/12/2008 2:25:31
mbam-log-2008-12-21 (02-25-31).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 123652
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 34 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#6 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

Please use the Internet Explorer browser (or FireFox with IETab), and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Yes, when prompted to install its ActiveX component.
(Note.. for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the "Accept" button of the license, click on the "Zoom" tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license has been accepted, reset to 100%.)
The program launches and downloads the latest definition files.
  • Once the files are downloaded click on Next
  • Click on Scan Settings and configure as follows:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended
    • Scan Options:Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK and, under select a target to scan, select My Computer
When the scan is done, in the Scan is completed window (below), any infection is displayed.
There is no option to clean/disinfect, however, we need to analyze the information on the report.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To obtain the report:
Click on: Save Report As (above - red blinking arrow)
Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar
In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select: Text file [*.txt]
Then, click: Save
Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.

#7 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

ok. here's the report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Sunday, December 21, 2008 18:03:58
Records in database: 1496722
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 79731
Threat name: 15
Infected objects: 27
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 01:48:54

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wedasgads0.dll Infected: Packed.Win32.Krap.b 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\01440000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.VBS.Agent.n 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SecToolBar.k 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0007.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SecToolBar.k 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0001.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0002.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0003.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0004.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000001.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000002.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000003.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A040000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000004.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000005.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B900000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SuperJuan.ao 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09D80000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SuperJuan.ao 1
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip Infected: Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.lf 1
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.gen 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP244\A0018406.dll Infected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.alts 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019787.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.axoc 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019788.exe Infected: Packed.Win32.Krap.b 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019790.dll Infected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.rysp 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019791.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.BBT.ao 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019792.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.aehd 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019804.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.aehq 1

The selected area was scanned.

#8 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hi,

* First, open Norton. Delete everything in the virus vault.
* Then delete this file: C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip

Do you still have problems? :thumbsup:

#9 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

hi. so i've been trying to delete the files. I opened Norton and checked the Quarantine list, there's nth there. so i moved on to check the backup files list. there's a bunch of files there but i couldnt get it deleted; a window poped up saying that the files hv either been deleted already or they are in use. i tried to perform a scan but it wont work. ( a window poped up, saying that they couldnt start the scan). i checked the scan records and it appears that a scan started on Dec2007 was in progress (what?) i tried and i couldnt stop it.

i notice that my automatic defense (sorry i dont know whether it's called automatic defense cuz my system is in another language) is turning itself off. i tried turing it back on but next time i turn on my computer it's off again.

i also tried adding the file you told me to delete to Norton. however, nth happened after i pressed add files. so i couldnt get that deleted either

basically i couldnt do anything with Norton now cuz it wont scan and files couldnt be delected. wt should i do?

thank you very much

Jocelyn

Edited by joyjocelyn, 22 December 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#10 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi,

Please do a full scan with MBAM, and post the logfile in your next reply.

Also, do a new scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner, and post that logfile in your next reply too. :thumbsup:

PS: In which language is your operating system?

Edited by superbird, 22 December 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#11 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

here are the reports:

22/12/2008 9:35:04
mscan

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 125580
Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Monday, December 22, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 00:43:41
Records in database: 1502447

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 80045
Threat name: 15
Infected objects: 27
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 01:17:42

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wedasgads0.dll Infected: Packed.Win32.Krap.b 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\01440000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.VBS.Agent.n 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SecToolBar.k 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0007.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SecToolBar.k 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0001.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0002.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0003.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0004.VBN Infected: Worm.Win32.RJump.g 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000001.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000002.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000003.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A040000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000004.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.gwe 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000005.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Virtumonde.bjc 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B900000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SuperJuan.ao 1
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09D80000.VBN Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.SuperJuan.ao 1
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip Infected: Trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.lf 1
C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.gen 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP244\A0018406.dll Infected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.Magania.alts 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019787.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Agent.axoc 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019788.exe Infected: Packed.Win32.Krap.b 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019790.dll Infected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.rysp 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019791.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.BBT.ao 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019792.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.aehd 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A1AE5B3F-0A69-4786-8CEB-6D833C9CC3D0}\RP258\A0019804.dll Infected: Trojan.Win32.Monder.aehq 1

The selected area was scanned.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my operating system is in chinese.

thank you so much for your help.

Jocelyn

#12 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

1. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer.
  • When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
  • Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
  • Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
2. Open Notepad.
Copy this in the Notepad-file:

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST log.txt DEL log.txt
ECHO Deleting files>>log.txt
FOR %%g in (
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wedasgads0.dll
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\01440000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0007.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0001.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0002.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0003.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0004.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000001.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000002.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000003.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A040000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000004.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000005.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B900000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09D80000.VBN"
"C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip") DO (
IF EXIST %%g (
ATTRIB -r -s -h %%g
DEL %%g
IF EXIST %%g (
ECHO %%g not deleted>>log.txt
) ELSE (
ECHO %%g deleted>>log.txt)
) ELSE (
ECHO %%g not found>>log.txt))
START NOTEPAD.EXE log.txt

Go to File - Save as...
Fill in the next values:
File name: del.bat
File type: All files (*.*).
Now, click Save.
Doubleclick del.bat.
Post the contents of the logfile that opens in your next reply.

3. Reboot yur pc again, but now in normal mode.

Post the logfile of del.bat.
Do you still have problems?

Edited by superbird, 23 December 2008 - 03:51 AM.

#13 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:02 AM

here's the log file:

Deleting files
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wedasgads0.dll deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\01440000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\00AC0007.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0001.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0002.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0003.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09EC0004.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000001.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000002.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000003.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A040000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000004.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0A000005.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B900000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09D80000.VBN" deleted
"C:\Documents and Settings\acer360X\catchme.zip" deleted

-----------------------------------------------------
the problems that i mentioned at the very beginning no longer exist :D. i still cant perform scan with my symantec (it seems that it's still frozen in the past scan) should i just reinstall it or sth? i am just worried whether it's doing its job. anyways, from what i see my computer is running normally again.

Jocelyn

#14 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

Hi,

Please uninstall Symantec Antivirus from your softwarelist.
Then, use this tool to clean up everything from Symantec: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039
Then, restart your computer.

Now you can reinstall your Symantec Antivirus.
Is it still frozen?

#15 joyjocelyn

joyjocelyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

hi. i looked but i dont think i hv the software with me anymore. so i guess i cant reinstall it. will it be ok if i simply uninstall it and install some other antivirus system? (i will probably borrow software from someone or get a new one).

thank you very much : )

Jocelyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users