Jump to content
Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:42 AM
Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:15 PM
After installing IE7 users may experience active desktop or script errors. This is caused by an incompatibility of IE7 and the desktop.htt file which controls the size and position of your desktop and the wallpaper you have on it, plus it includes a little activeX control to allow you to reshape it. This desktop.htt file is stored in users profiles and it will need to be removed and recreated in order to fix this Active Desktop or Script Error from appearing. Windows will regenerate the file automatically.
To do this:
* Open an explorer window.
* Go to tools > folder options > view, and uncheck hide protected opsys files.
* Apply and ok.
* Then do a search in your sys drive [usually c: ] for desktop.htt. It will be in Docs and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
* Delete them [One or more].
* Close the explorer window, re-click your desktop and click Refresh.
* Make sure to then go back and RECHECK that box for view, and uncheck hide protected opsys files.. you really donít want those special files exposed all the time!
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users