Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Speech got deleated

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

Hey guys ive been useing the Windows speech recognition tool along with Microsoft Office 2003 for the last couple months. About a week ago I decided to see if there was anyway i could expand on the speech recognition built into xp and mabey use a program to control my whole computer through my voice. I found a program called NitroMouse, but didnt like it. Now after ive uninstalled it, it seems to have deleated my whole speech recognition. I can no longer access the speech through the control panel or any where i tried to reinstall it from my XP Home CD but that didnt work either. Ive gone out to Microsoft web page but didnt find much there either. If you guys have any ideas plz let me know. I use this program quite often as I have a bad case of carpal tunnel and need to write many reports for work. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

Just try re-installing MS Office XP (whatever version you have that use speech recognition, too)

#3 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:27 PM

i tried that but it didnt work looks like the only way to get it back is to reinstall xp home
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

You should be able to re-install XP Home/Pro without loosing anythnig. If don't want to loose anything I would take a back-up just to be on the safe side. :thumbsup:

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

Here the M$ link for setting up the Speech Recognition program in M$ "Office".

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...0565111033.aspx

I simply open M$ "Word", click on "Tools", then on "Options" to get to the setup
for "Speech".

If you don't find the program via this method, then it is probably corrupted and
you'll need to reinstall the "Office" component. Mine is not on the XP Home CD -
it is on a separate disc called M$ XP Small Business.

regards,
Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for all your help guys, but after doing some googling on the topic it seemed like all there was to do is reinstall XP. Thanks for all your guys help.
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory

#7 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

There are step-by-step instructions for installing from offfice here:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/moskowitz_02september23.mspx. I'm not at all sure reinstalling anything but office or a similar program will solve this. There are detailed steps to recover what you need.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users