Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing a Intel Pentiuam Dual CPU e2180 2.GHZ Processor on a HP Pavilion a6519fh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 x____x

x____x

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hey all.. I'm trying to replace a Intel Pentiuam Dual CPU e2180 2.GHZ Processor on a HP Pavilion a6519fh, because I want to play this game.
Edit: Actually I think I need a new grphics card.. Any suggestions?

The Witcher
OS (Operating System): Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
RAM: 1024 MB RAM for Microsoft® Windows®XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
Video: 128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
Free HD Space: 8.5 GB available hard drive space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
DVD: DVD-Rom

I have the basic stock HP Pavilion a6519fh model. I also have a Ati Radeon 9250 Chip, but I think that a bit old school for this game.

So what I'm really asking is what I need to get that would make this game run? I've tried searching around for compatible components, but being that this is a new model its been tricky. Anymore information can be given upon request, and I really REALLY appreciate anyones help. This is the second time I've bought this game, once for a older computer, but I lost one of the discs.. And now I thought it would run on this but ... =/ Anyway, from now on I'm bringing a printed sheet of my system and inspecting the system requirements before I buy any game. Thanks again before hand!

Edited by x____x, 20 December 2008 - 04:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

A newer processor will help, but you would see a bigger performance increase by upgrading the graphics. A Pentium dual-core will bottleneck some of the higher-end graphics cards though.

Your computer does have a pciex16 slot so you can fit most any modern graphics card. The one thing you need to worry about is if your power supply is good enough. Open up your case and read the label on the power supply. How many watts does it have? Also, how many amps on the +12V rail? (there may be two or more +12V rails)

How much do you want to spend?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

The Witcher should run well with the E2180. The graphics card will need to be updated. Given the size of your case a smaller card would be best. Knowing the wattage of your power supply would be needed to get a better suggestion on graphics cards.

3939.png

#4 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Here is all your comp specs

HP A6519FH

And this is what processors your MoBo should support

Hp MoBo
Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Your PC can handle all Core 2 processors. The Core 2 Quad would do well, the Q9550 comes to mind. You can also install more RAM, up to 8GB, but you would need 64-bit Windows to do it.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users