Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Hosting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

Everybody who does any sort of web programming knows that all free hosts suck. They either give you a lot of space and bandwidth, but load up your site with all sorts of popups and banner ads, or they give you no ads but 1 MB of space and 25 MB of bandwidth or something similar. Now I am just getting back into web programming - I stopped for a long time.

So, does anybody know of any decent (or good if a good free host exists) free hosts? All I'm really looking for is PHP and a MySQL database.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

You could try http://www.polarhome.com/. They have 20mb accounts with php (in safe mode) and mysql. They are kind of slow, but at least there are no advertisements. However, the accounts can be confusing to setup and use.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

I'll check it out. Sorting out the confusion gives me something to do, too, so no complaints here :thumbsup:

Edit: Nope, not happenin. Thanks for your input though :flowers:

Edited by Phantasmagoria, 15 May 2005 - 09:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users