Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy from Dallas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stirred

Stirred

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

<sigh> I've been surfing here before for fixes, and I may actually need a bit of help with THIS rootkit a friend got (I'm guessing).

The darned things are getting *nasty* to remove, and no matter how many times I tell my friends to "ALWAYS CLICK NO, AND IF YOU CAN'T CLICK NO THEN TURN THE POWER OFF TO THE COMPUTER!!!" there's always gonna be ONE of 'em that either didn't listen or slipped up.

Why the dumb twits in Redmond ever thought it was a good idea that all Windoze users log in as ROOT totally escapes me. And people wonder why I fly into a rage whenever they're discussing switching to the latest MS abortion.

I moved to Dallas a couple of years ago... and before that spent every other weekend removing spyware for 2 years solid, plus a lot of week nights. I must have cured 200 or 300 machines for friends, family, co-workers, etc. It's been relatively quiet since I moved here, until late summer. Since then, I've regularly been back in the saddle fixing dead Windows boxes again. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Hi there Stirred welcome to BC it's good to see you here. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

Welcome to BC!
Malware never ends.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users