Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flippylip

Flippylip

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I have been getting this Blue Screen of Death and it is making me crazy:eek:

I have had these 3 sayings: Bad_Pool_Header
Bad_Pool_Caller
Driver_IRQL-Not_Less_Or_Equal

What does these mean? Can someone help me with these problems?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

If you can boot into XP try doing a system restore using a date prior to this problem.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

The Bad_Pool_Header Bad_Pool_Caller error usually is caused by a Device Driver problem, a system restore may take care of that.

The other error can be memory, either RAM or virtual memory.

If the problem isn't resolved with the system restore try downloading and running Memtest86. You will need to make a CD of this which you will be able to boot from. You may need to go into the BIOS and change the CD-ROM to the first device in the boot order. The longer you allow this to run, the more accurate the test will be.

Edited by dc3, 20 December 2008 - 12:45 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

My initial impulse would be to run Memtest on every stick of RAM installed, following instructions provided. Those all seem to be memory-related. Of course, that may not BE the problem, just where the problem manifests itself...but it's where I would start.

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users