Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is this a malicious site?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abhie

abhie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

<hxxp://www.watchcsihere.com/play.html>

am i on the right thread?
sorry if im not..
i dont know where else to ask..

i just want to watch CSI online, then i end up in a video from youtube that has the link to it. after i clicked it, the site asked me to install "zango".

after the installation, my avast said that the site is malicious, so i decided not to watch until you guys tell me that its safe.. smile.gif

honestly, i did not read the agreement thing when installing the zango, dry.gif .
maybe the zango itself is a malicious application or software or whatever you call it..

i'll immediately uninstall zango if its malicious.. blink.gif
pls help..tnx!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:31 AM

Zango is considered adware. Did you fully read the paragraph which tells you what Zango is and what it does? If you want to be bombarded by ads, keep it. If not, uninstall.
http://www.pchell.com/support/zango.shtml for information on Zango, then you can decide whether to keep or uninstall.
pchell mentions Hijack This. If you feel comfortable running HJT and removing the entries on your own, then do so. If not, you can post a log in the Hijack This forum and a member of the HJT team will review your log and guide you through the removal process.

#3 harrythook

harrythook

• Security Colleague
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

I would like to add one warning here, using HiJackThis to remove anything can be risky. If you are unsure about anything, please post a request for help in the malware forum. Do not fix anything that you are not 100% sure your machine can live without it :thumbsup:

Veni Vidi Vici
THE FIGHT AGAINST MALWARE

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users