Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help required for spy/malware removal after clean?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mip1225

mip1225

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi there,

please treat me with some kid gloves as am a complete 'noob' at this but here is the issue...

discovered loads of spyware post system update and have i thought removed loads over the last couple of days.

after the relevant removal/quarantine of spyware/malware etc.....
i did scans with the following
adaware - found nothing
kaspersky - found nothing
malwarebytes - found nothing

Stopzilla found: CatchMe Trojan, Darksma, HBKernel32, TDSS, Usbuhcii, Network Monitor spyware, Gen Detection.MS Juan, Registration virus
to name a few, but is it a coincidence that this is the only one that found stuff in which you have to pay for the removal

can someone please tell me how i know for sure if am infected or not?

thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 December 2008 - 11:18 AM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

Please reboot your computer and update Malwarebytes. This time do a FULL scan and post the new log here for review
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mip1225

mip1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

hi there have done as you said and here is the log from the scan it did say it was clean....
if this is the case why does another scan via a different source ie stopzilla and spy detector still tells me i have problems?? :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your help

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1526
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

2008-12-20 21:49:48
mbam-log-2008-12-20 (21-49-48).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 108572
Time elapsed: 40 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Are you using XP? If so, let's try this
------------------------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • Please be patient as the scan may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
  • When the process is complete, the SDFix report log will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • The SDFix report log (Report.txt) will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 mip1225

mip1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hi there

here is the report
just looking through myself.. is it right that programs i've uninstalled should still show up... also what is this program called Bonjour i think i've uninstalled it twice??

Thanks

SDFix: Version 1.240
Run by Administrator on 2008-12-21 at 17:07

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

No Trojan Files Found

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-12-21 17:20:34
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqtra08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe:*:Enabled:hpqste08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe:*:Enabled:hpofxm08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe:*:Enabled:hposfx08.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe:*:Enabled:hposid01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe:*:Enabled:hpqscnvw.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe:*:Enabled:hpqkygrp.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpqcopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe:*:Enabled:hpfccopy.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe:*:Enabled:hpzwiz01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe:*:Enabled:hpqphunl.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe:*:Enabled:hpqdia.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe:*:Enabled:hpoews01.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe:*:Enabled:ęTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe:*:Enabled:Skype"
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe:*:Enabled:Bonjour"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolsv.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolsv.exe:*:Enabled:Spooler SubSystem App"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Thu 26 Jan 2006 4,126,240 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Picasa2\setup.exe"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 949,072 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\advcheck.dll"
Mon 15 Sep 2008 1,562,960 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 962,896 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Tools.dll"
Wed 17 Dec 2003 52 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\swin32z.sys"
Thu 17 May 2007 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"

Finished!

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

What is Bonjour:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)
Mark
Posted Image

#7 mip1225

mip1225
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for that i guess i need it then...?

anyways did the report look ok toyou?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users