Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 dlcahoon

dlcahoon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

a recent problem has occured and my machine has been rendered useless! when the computer starts up and I get to windows, an error box for IE opens and doesn't stop opening. the error is internet explorer needs to close. when I close it, it repeatedly opens to infinity, it doesn't stop. I can not currently use the computer to do HJT logs or any other antivirus logs. The CPU is being used to 100% by the IE error boxes opening. I tried to close all the boxes by repeatedly hitting the close button and I will catch up to the end but as soon as I stop the boxes just keep opening.

Moved back to HiJack This forum at team request. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 December 2008 - 10:58 AM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

Hello dlcahoon :thumbsup: Welcome to the BC HijackThis Log and Analysis forum. I will be assisting you from here on out. I will return just as soon as possible with some questions for you.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond the your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

Thanks,

thewall
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#3 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

A couple of questions:

1) When you say you cannot use the computer to run HJT does that mean you have it already installed and have tried to run it or you cannot get to the Internet to install it due to IE being so erratic?

2) Do you have the use of any Flash Drives or CDs which could be used to transfer programs if necessary from one computer to the other?
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#4 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hello again, :thumbsup:

If I don't hear from you in the next day or two we will be closing down this thread.

Posted Image

#5 dlcahoon

dlcahoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

Sorry,

It's been crazy up here with the snow and the holidays. I will be able to work on the computer just after Christmas. I will reply to you asap.

thanks and happy holidays!

#6 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

That's OK, just needed to know if you were still there.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Carolyn

Carolyn

Bleepin' kitten

• Members
  • 2,131 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Member of ASAP (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users