Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Pop-ups. Can't install/update virus/scanner programs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TeamFortress

TeamFortress

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

My computer started acting up recently with constant pop-ups from IE even though i use firefox. Also a pop up to install some program called VirusRemover2008 kept popping up earlier.

After running an AVG scan (luckily i had it installed), it found the following which it moved to the Virus Vault:
Trojan Horse SHeur 2 .FJD
Trojan Horse BHO.GQR (x2)
Trojan Horse Vundo.BX
Trojan Horse Generic12.BET
Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic8.GWR
Trojan Horse SHeur 2.GAS (x2)

But i still get the pop-ups and i still cant install or update things like Spybot or MalwareBytes (though somehow i was able to install Adware 2008, though not update). The processes would run but nothing else would happen and the window that normally pops up for installation doesnt show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Try safemode - Restart your computer. After the initial screen comes up, start tapping the F8 key. Arrow up or down to select Safemode with Networking and press Enter. Do you have access to another computer and a thumb drive or the ability to burn a CD?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 TeamFortress

TeamFortress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

I tried safe mode. Still can't install.update anything.
I found new issues though. Can't access Regedit and whenever I click on links for how to reformat or tech help websites such as this one, i get redirected. I'm on a different computer right now.

I also have a flash drive and can burn CDs.

I'm thinking reformating is the only option left?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

Download mbam to a flash drive and give it a try

If mbam won't install

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 TeamFortress

TeamFortress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

Oh man, thank you so much. Renaming worked. It seems like its gone now since I can install HJT and update AVG now. I do have a folder named Avenger and a txt. I think it came with scanning with MBAM? Because it has the files such as "csrssc.exe" in it. Should i leave that there? or delete it?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1456
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/20/2008 8:59:06 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-20 (20-59-06).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 190735
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 2
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 38
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 7
Files Infected: 33

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\dHRrIGJiYw\command.exe (Adware.CommAd) -> Failed to unload process.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\dHRrIGJiYw\asappsrv.dll (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tyshb36rfjdf.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cmdservice (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdservice (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bho_myjavacore.mjcore (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{e0f01490-dcf3-4357-95aa-169a8c2b2190} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{17e44256-51e0-4d46-a0c8-44e80ab4ba5b} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d88e1558-7c2d-407a-953a-c044f5607cea} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d88e1558-7c2d-407a-953a-c044f5607cea} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bho_myjavacore.mjcore.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\testcpv6.bho (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{63334394-3da3-4b29-a041-03535909d361} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2e4a04a1-a24d-45ae-aca4-949778400813} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{15421b84-3488-49a7-ad18-cbf84a3efaf6} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\testcpv6.bho.1 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{80ef304a-b1c4-425c-8535-95ab6f1eefb8} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{ff46f4ab-a85f-487e-b399-3f191ac0fe23} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{a394e835-c8d6-4b4b-884b-d2709059f3be} (Trojan.Network.Monitor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3877c2cd-f137-4144-bdb2-0a811492f920} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ws2ifsll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\ws2ifsll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ws2ifsll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\speedrunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\BHO_MyJavaCore.DLL (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\testCPV6.DLL (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SpeedRunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NETWORK_MONITOR (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDSERVICE (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Network Monitor (Trojan.Service) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\speedrunner (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sfkg6wip (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Jnskdfmf9eldfd (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("%1"%*) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\InetGet2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Webtools (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Mjcore (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\speedrunner (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ws2ifsll.sys (Rootkit.Agent.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tyshb36rfjdf.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\dHRrIGJiYw\asappsrv.dll (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\dHRrIGJiYw\command.exe (Adware.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\SpeedRunner\SpeedRunner.exe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\xkhpuaw.exe (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Mjcore\Mjcore.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Webtools\webtools.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\cmdinst.exe (Trojan.Proxy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\__3.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\__4.tmp (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\__7.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components\srff.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSShrxx.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSoiqt.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSvkql.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxfum.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSpqlt.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\domains.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\log.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\speedrunner\config.cfg (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\speedrunner\SRUninstall.exe (Adware.SurfAccuracy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\csrssc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll._ (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\uninstall_nmon.vbs (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\csrssc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSkkai.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSlxwp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\core.cache.dsk (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Edited by garmanma, 21 December 2008 - 11:49 AM.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

I removed 2 logs because I have no idea what Avenger is and HJT logs are not permitted in this forum
I figured since we now have Mbam running you would want to continue with that instead of me moving this to Misplaced Logs
If that is not the case, read and follow the preparation guide:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Then post in the proper forum here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

If you want to continue with Mbam:

Please reboot your computer and update Malwarebytes. This time do a FULL scan and post the new log here

Edited by garmanma, 21 December 2008 - 11:50 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

#7 TeamFortress

TeamFortress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:32 AM

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1528
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

12/22/2008 12:30:55 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-22 (00-30-55).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 185104
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 58 minute(s), 54 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Looks clean. =)

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

Looks clean, yes. How is it running, now?
Mark
Posted Image

#9 TeamFortress

TeamFortress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

Pretty good. None of the problems I had before exist.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users