Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus 360 ,I think( I hope) I dodged a bullet!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

Dear Community December 19, 2008
This afternoon I clicked on a link to a local movie theater to check movie times.
Immediately I get a box telling me I may be infected and that I should scan with antivirus 360. I hit the X to close ( I know I probably should have closed it with task manager).
A site started to come up as soon as the X was pressed. I immediately closed the window before it could load. I updated and scanned with SAS . Nothing was found except the usual txt tracking cookies. I then scanned with McAfee. Nothing was found with this either. I have no symptoms of infection at present although I have not restarted the computer since this happened.
I am running a Dell Optiplex with Windows XP service pack 2. Browser being used was Firefox with the most current update ( This morning)
Can I assume that I have missed the Antivirus 360 party??? I hope so.
Thanks in advance for reviewing this and any input
Best Regards
Nawtheasta
P.S. We are getting a Nawtheasta snow storm as I type this. The fun never stops!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr-Bee19

Mr-Bee19

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

I would think you missed it. If you closed it, ran your AV and it detected nothing, then you should be good. Is there any strange computer activity happening? Or does everything seem normal to you?

One thing you should do is update to Service Pack 3, and all other High Priority updates for Windows. Always keep up to date with those.

Edited by Mr-Bee19, 19 December 2008 - 05:50 PM.

#3 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Thanks Mr-BEE19 for your response.
No strange activity has happened yet. I will keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer!
I keep auto updates enabled and hope I am getting the most critical updates. I know I should update to SP 3 but I read of so many people with problems it has made me gun shy. I use this for my small business and cannot afford being with out it. I am seriously considering going to an IMAC before the end of the year. To be honest it is getting very tiring wondering if every time I do a search on the internet if I am falling into a spiderweb of problems. The AntiVirus 360 box came up with something as innocent as checking local movie times! I do wish that MacAfee would update Site Adviser to work with the latest versions of Firefox.
Thanks again ( Very Much) for your input!
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users