Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Post-Vundo/Trace removal Startup slowdowns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 seven-ate-9

seven-ate-9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

God bless anyone that has some time to take a look at my issues. Here's the deal:

I found my laptop (running Windows XP Professional) to become infected with Trojan.Vundo and Malware.Trace last weekend. After repeated attempts to delete it with MalwareBytes, I decided to do a Google search and find other people that may have had the same problem.
I found an old forum post on your BleepingComputer site where the user was instructed to use ComboFix to solve the issue. I followed the instructions to turn off the System Restore, I installed ComboFix and ran it, saved the log and then uninstalled the program as the user was instructed. There was one section of the thread however, where the user was instructed to create a text file to drop onto the Combofix .exe with information that I'm assuming was specific to that person's log results. Figuring this wouldn't apply to my machine, I skipped this step and uninstalled Combofix. The helper on the forum listed a few items that uninstallation would reverse and I noticed that these didn't all seem to reverse, especially the clock update.
After Combofix, I ran the free Kapersky online scan and all of my other scans (Spybot, Adaware, MalwareBytes) and have found no threats. I've also now followed the instructions in the "How to Remove Malware" section of the site by running AutoRuns in Safe Mode and also doing the scans in Safe Mode and found no visible threats.
My problem now lies with my startup. From my login screen to a usuable desktop now takes at least 3-4 times longer than previously since I've run all of the above processes. I'm wondering if I could post my ComboFix log and also my most recent HijackThis log and see if anyone might have an idea why my startup is now so stalled. I've added my HijackThis log for your consideration.
Of course, after having now joined the forum and read the warnings on ComboFix, I hope I'm not too screwed on this one. Thanks for all and any help.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:12, on 2008-12-19
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Common Files\dsNcService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Launcher\mgsdl.exe
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Security Agent\mgssecsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Launcher\ndserv.exe
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Schedule Agent\ndinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\StacSV.exe
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Schedule Agent\ndtask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Schedule Agent\ndtask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://wiki.epnet.com/bin/view
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.1121.2472\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe nvHotkey.dll,Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SchedulingAgent_nDG] "C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Schedule Agent\ndschedag.exe" -o RunNDStartup=True -o Startup=True
O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.epnet.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.netsuite.com
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/as...abs/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5F5D008-DD2C-4D32-977D-1A0ADF03058B} (JuniperSetupSP1 Control) - https://ive.epnet.com/dana-cached/setup/JuniperSetupSP1.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = corp.epnet.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = corp.epnet.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = corp.epnet.com
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: wcchag.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: Juniper Network Connect Service (dsNcService) - Juniper Networks - C:\Program Files\Juniper Networks\Common Files\dsNcService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: Network Associates Task Manager (McTaskManager) - Network Associates, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
O23 - Service: ManageSoft Peer-to-Peer Download Service (mgsdl) - ManageSoft Corp - C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Launcher\mgsdl.exe
O23 - Service: ManageSoft Security Service (mgssecsvc) - ManageSoft Corp - C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Security Agent\mgssecsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ManageSoft installation agent (ndGlobalLauncher) - ManageSoft Corp - C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Launcher\ndserv.exe
O23 - Service: ManageSoft managed device (ndinit) - ManageSoft Corp - C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Schedule Agent\ndinit.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OracleOraHome92ClientCache - Unknown owner - C:\oracle\ora92\BIN\ONRSD.EXE
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\StacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 8265 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hello seven-ate-9,

Posted Image

Sorry about the delay.:thumbsup: If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users