Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed, lol posted in the wrond place before

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arghie

Arghie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hi,
I have Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop. I have a bsod, that I recieved from xp2008 antivirus. I have tried the safe mode option, but is does not work. I get a black screen. Also, when windows actually DOES boot up I get this message twice that windows could not initiate userinit.exe click ok to close, how can I get past this message? I try the task manager, but is has been disabled by my administrator. I know where to find the embeddment in the regisrty, but I have to get past this stupid message first. Any replies will be greatly apperciated, as I am at my wit's end on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

Have you tried to do a System Restore?

Start the computer and then press the F8 key when Windows begins to start. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

Use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

If a boot menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER. Windows XP restores the computer to the most recent restore point.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Arghie

Arghie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

I tried and I get the error message " the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Click on OK to terminat application.
then I geta bsod with yellow lettering saying Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer, which is typical of the xp antivirus infection what to do now? Task Manager is still disabled by admin.

#4 Arghie

Arghie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

I can however, get into task manager through last known config, and guest account

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

As you've mentioned the xp2008 antivirus I'd have to suspect that you're infected.
I'm going to move this over to the Am I Infected forum. Once the system is clean, PM a Mod if you need further work in the XP forum and we'll move it back.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users