Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc32.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spugach

spugach

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:16 PM

:thumbsup: I ran Norton Anti-virus and it detected pc32.exe which it indicated was a Trojan Horse. I Quarantined it. Bleepingcomputer information says it was put there by malware and I can delete it and don't need it. Is pc32.exe a normal executable that now is infected? Your site indicates it is MSNSYSRESTORE. This sounds important. Should I replace it with a good pc32.exe file? Where would I get a good copy of it. It is not on my original win2000 operating disk.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

Hi spugach. MSNRESTORE is the name that will show up in the list of running processes to try and fool you into thinking that it is a valid process and to hide the name of the real file. ps32 is bad all around and you can safely delete it and forget about it.

You also might want to post a HijackThis log for review to make sure that that was the only problem on that machine.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 spugach

spugach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Hi OT,

Thanks for your reply. I deleted the pc32.exe. I appreciate your reply, but did not know how to reply to you. I had thought I could reply logged on as a guest.

Sheila

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users