Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daisy-Chain Mouse+usb, hardhack idea

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hello world!
I has an idea!
Okay now I carry both a mighty mouse and a pendrive with me all day at school to bring my own apps and well because a mighty mouse feels better, so i know that usb devices are ment to be daisy chained as in Usb-Usb-Usb-Computer. KNowing this i thought what if i removed to casings of both my mighty mouse and my pendrive i could soter(??) the pendrive to the connection of the usb in the mouse meaning i would have an integrated pendrive in my mouse and then recombobulate my mouse again. Is this going to work or do daisy chains work in another maner
CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dave09

dave09

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Am i right in thinking you basically want to put the pendrive inside the mouse and connect it up so as they both use the usb cable from the mouse ? If that is the case then i would say no, For a start the pen drive probably wouldnt fit in the mouse, Then you would have one hell of a problem connecting the mouse cable to the pendrive, Why do u want to do this ? Is it because you just dont want to carry the mouse and the pendrive around seperately, you just want one device, i.e, a mouse with integrated flash memory ? Or if you only have one usb port on the pc then u could just buy a 2 port hub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users