Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe flash player with internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eatxc07

eatxc07

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

Hi ....You tube is suddenly asking me for latest version of flash player ..Tried installing from the the you tube link but it comes back with "cannot install " error............Have uninstalled previous version from pc and installed new version back ok from the you tube site using firefox and all ok but still cannot install through int explorer....The only thing i have done recently is update that new int explorer security patch as advertised and reset int explorer...I have reset int explorer before and have re installed the player ok...Not sure whether any of this has any bearing on problem...Any advise would be appreciated ....Prefably in laymans terms as iam no geek!!!....Thanx.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

You need to use the Flash uninstaller before installing the new version. Using Add/Remove programs alone won't work.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for that......I think i did uninstall that way but i will try again.....Not hopefull though.....Why do you have to install it twice, once for firefox and once for IE.?...Cant they both use the same player!?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

I don't know why Adobe has to do it that way but if you have both IE & Firefox, Flash has to be installed separately on each of them.

Edited by frankp316, 20 December 2008 - 12:01 PM.

#5 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

Thanks, maybe that will solve my issue as well.
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

#6 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

There has been a development.....We have 3 user accounts on pc all administrator..seems that you tube works fine on one through IE not the other two....When i look at programs installed on all three they all have adobe flash player 10 plug in and flash player 10 active x installed......Any ideas ?....Do i need to make 2 of the accounts limited?...

#7 eatxc07

eatxc07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Help!!!!...Anyone out there?....Still have probs with adobe flash and IE...Just to re cap...Had prob since i reset IE I think?...Could not play you tube vids through my user account but seemed ok through my sons..Both administrator accounts(my daughters would not work either.)...Everything fine with firefox....Control panel told me that flash player 10 was installed ok but when trying you tube through either mine or my daughters account it kept saying that latest version needed installing ...Have now uninstalled completely via the uninstaller and reset IE again...Have deleted all accounts and started again...Now firefox installs ok still but still cannot install via Ie on any accounts ...I suspect perhaps its just a tick in box in IE somewhere but iam now struggling....Any help please.....Happy new year.!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users