Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Guard 2008 is kicking my butt

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tginapp

tginapp

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

I usually don't post on these boards because I am fairly capable of removing viruses/trojans/malware, etc.
However, this Spyware Guard 2008 is kicking my butt.
McAfee won't catch it and I would have to pay at least $90 to get them to remove it for me (assuming that they can get remote connected).
I understand all the directions, but here is my problem....when I copy over the Malwarebytes.org program mbam-setup.exe to the desktop of the infected computer, it never runs when doubleclicked. Nothing happens. No hours glass, no error, nothing. I have repeated it each time and tried it in SAFE mode as well as regular boot. No difference.
Any help.

Symptoms of my computer match all the others listed by other 'victims', except that I get a complete lock-up at random times that require hard boot from the on/off switch.
I also can not connect to any site via the internet on the affected computer...I keep getting re-routed to random sales sites (although the reroute to maxim.com was OK)

I'm desperate to avoid paying McAfee the money./....please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hello I have split your post to it's own topic, so any instructions don't confuse the previous poster,.
Try these to get it running and then post the log thanks.

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tginapp

tginapp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

OK - I finally was able to get mbam to run, and it finds the same infections. Spyware Guard 2008 continually pops up during the scan.
At the end of the scan, after I click on remove, there are some files that apparently can not be removed. The file names are all letters and numbers.
It states that they will be removed on reboot.
When the system reboots, I see an error message where it is trying to find mbam.exe, but it can't run it because I have renamed it based upon earlier directions.
The Spyware Guard 2008 is still there and doing whatever harm it is intended to do.
When I re-run the scan, the same thing happens ad nauseum. I WAS finally able to briefly connect to internet and update the mbam. Of course, Spyware Guard 2008 is now back in full force and I no longer have that access on the infected machine.
I did try to run it in SAFE mode and the same thing still happens.
Again...this darn thing is KILLING me!!!!!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
ToddG

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

Change the name back to mbam.exe. Since you got it to run once maybe it will run now
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 tginapp

tginapp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Yes, that took care of it.
At least Spyware Guard 2008 doesn't keep popping up anymore YEAH!!! and I have internet access through that machine YEAH!!!!
However, there is still a Spyware Guard 2008 .lnk icon on the desktop, even though I can't seem to find the file or folder it is being referenced to.
One last item....many of the desktop icons, and some "side" icons on my main web pages don't show graphics.
I get the little red X in the corner.
I read another posters comment that this happened after removal, but I don't see to find where there was a post to the fix for this.
Thanks for your help....I am now a fan of this site forever.

ToddG

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Please reboot your computer and update Malwarebytes. This time do a FULL scan and post the new log here
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 tginapp

tginapp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

I ended up doing so many scans that I am not sure what logs to send you. I'm posting the one that cleared the most, and then I am posting the most recent, in that order.
Everything seems to be working find except internet explorer, and most of the website graphics are only the red X's. Main content is OK. Firefox functions normally, so it is something in IE. I have checked security and privacy settings and they are unchanged at a moderate setting.

THIS IS THE ONE THAT CLEANED MOST EVERYTHING OUT AND PC PERFORMANCE IMPROVED:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1456
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/19/2008 8:49:30 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-19 (20-49-30).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 123945
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 24
Registry Values Infected: 8
Registry Data Items Infected: 5
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 26

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRLefEv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRJDSJd.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tyshb36rfjdf.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{14468055-e5e8-4f56-a0ff-fef5f5fd4edb} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{14468055-e5e8-4f56-a0ff-fef5f5fd4edb} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\rqrjdsjd (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\spyware guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2008 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\spyware guard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\9c67640a (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{d5bf49a2-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\spywareguard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\prunnet (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\prunnet (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Jnskdfmf9eldfd (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\rqrlefev -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\rqrlefev -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\ -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Todd Ginapp\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRLefEv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vEfeLRqr.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vEfeLRqr.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRJDSJd.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nxnubqjv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vjqbunxn.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tyshb36rfjdf.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\efcYQkLc.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\khfCvSLc.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\conf.cfg (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\mbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\queue.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\spywareguard.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\uninstall.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\vbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Todd Ginapp\Local Settings\Temp\csrssc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\sysexplorer.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\reged.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\spoolsystem.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\sys.com (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\syscert.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\vmreg.dll (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\svhost.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\track.sys (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

THIS IS THE LAST ONE I COMPLETED

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1524
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/20/2008 7:38:38 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-20 (07-38-38).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 109878
Time elapsed: 30 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 5
Registry Keys Infected: 11
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 25

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winscenter.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sbitnm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\egmtwa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\kqtnysijpt.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\ieModule.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\moduleie.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9a9fa96b-d680-47bd-9c33-be2a723e6e6b} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9a9fa96b-d680-47bd-9c33-be2a723e6e6b} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ff03003d-5b22-4614-a0b6-f4497100be81} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ff03003d-5b22-4614-a0b6-f4497100be81} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\spyware guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d325df7a-ae60-4c88-aaf8-0f51a50f8074} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1e39de57-c085-40a8-9656-0fdca30fa96c} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\spywareguard (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\internetconnection (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\iemodule (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sbitnm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\egmtwa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\spywareguard.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Avenger\rqRJDSJd.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Avenger\rqRLefEv.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Avenger\tyshb36rfjdf.dll (Trojan.Fakealert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tqfoliyl.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qmnyyfbq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\conf.cfg (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\mbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\quarantine.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\queue.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\uninstall.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard 2008\vbase.vdb (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\svhost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\sysexplorer.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winscenter.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\kqtnysijpt.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\ieModule.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\moduleie.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\reged.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\spoolsystem.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\sys.com (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\syscert.exe (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\vmreg.dll (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hi, you did good. We may clear up that other problem by getting the rest out.
We're going to run 3 tools.

Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

NOW open MBAM And select the UPDATE tab. Rescan and post a new log. Reboot the PC.

Please ask any needed questions,post 2 logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

Edited by boopme, 21 December 2008 - 03:54 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 tginapp

tginapp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

I followed all the directions and not much was removed.
What I needed to change was some of the settings under Internet Explorer options.
I had to check a few boxes that said something like "allow graphics to be displayed" (or something like that).

Again, I am now a forever fan of this site.

THANKS

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

Let's see one more MBAM scan...By the way Thanks.
Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected,Post new log and Reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users