Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will anyone buy a touch-screen monitor just to use the touch feature?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

The touch-screen monitors are probably more expensive than your regular LCD Monitor...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824205010

Just a little more expensive. I think I would get one?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

Probably not yet.
Posted Image

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Already have one on my Tablet laptop. :huh:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Seems like they would require a lot more cleaning, than a regular LCD, due to the abundance of fingerprints. :huh:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

My lappy screen sure does - I carry a wiping cloth with me wherever I go!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Lloyd T

Lloyd T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Usasma, do earier Windows support touch-screens?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yes...uh, No....well, maybe :huh:

It'll all depend on the manufacturer's driver support (I'm still upset that my Hauppage TV card won't work with Vista 64 bit). If they make drivers that support it, then it'll work. The last I read was that Microsoft intends to let Vista drivers function in Windows 7 - but it's still to early in the development cycle for them to commit to that.

#9 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

Usasma, do earlier Windows support touch-screens?

Do you mean like using the screen as a mouse? Then yes... In 1997, we were using touch screen technology at the nuclear station I supported. I currently use touchscreens in our school district to do a wide variety of jobs. They are a great help with our handicapped students that cannot use a mouse, but can touch a target on the screens.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#10 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

Touch Screen... fingerprints... ???
I want this: http://oblong.com/

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#11 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Raw, that is pretty amazing! I was so caught up in watching the presentation, I didn't even read the article. Probably wouldn't understand a word, anyway.
Thanks!
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

#12 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

No, I wouldn't get a touch screen monitor just for a touch feature. The touch pad is much faster than moving hands and fingers across the screen, and pinching and zooming out and in can be done via touch pad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users