Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple or Sony?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DamSexy

DamSexy

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:19 AM

im interested in buying a new computer. what would you say is the best make for computers? Apple or Sony?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

I have had some really bad experiencs with apple... that's why I still use windows, I wonder what it would be like to use Linux... as for make of the computer, Apple's got that whole computer in a monitor thing going on, which would save alot of space if you're in a cramped space. But, it all depends your OS preference.

Edited by legoman786, 15 May 2005 - 11:48 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:08 PM

I love Sony. It's what I'm currently using. Apple is for the elementary school students, lol.

#4 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, seriously. I remember when I was in elementary school they were trying to teach us how to use computers. The only thing I could do was play a puzzle game with the one-buttoned mouse.

Disgusting.

#5 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

Dear Phanta,

Apple makes nice computers but if your used to Windows you may find it difficult at the beginning.

Sony is not doing so well. If you are looking for a complete computer with minimal errors and great price.

I would look into eMachines, Gate, or Dell. I hate Dell so you are on your own with that.

Hope that helps,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#6 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

I have a Dell, and I have no complaints what so ever... lol

IN YOUR FACE junkdk... just kidding (jk)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#7 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:32 PM

lol

My brother, my friend, my neighbor, and myself have NO complaints about Sony either. I have never heard a good word about eMachines or Gateway.

#8 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:53 PM

All of my posts are on personal or friends experiences.

I build my own computers not relying on one manufacturer.

We have Dell computers on lease at work and they are cheap. The craftsmanship is shoddy and the computer slow.

Why have such an extensive customer service if the computers so are good?

As for Sony, I said they are not doing so well, meaning there sales are low and they just changed their computer division CEO to an American. Which means turbulence in Sony.

I would wait to buy new Sony until they iron out complications.

Positives or negatives in computers are based on opinions and that is mine.

Sorry if I offended you,

Your Hardware Guide.

#9 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

I don't think anyone was offended, at least I wasn't.
I gave the opinions and experiences of myself and fellow Sony owners.
No harm, no foul. Just like with ISP's, we all have our stories and experiences to tell.
But advice was asked and it was given. :thumbsup:

#10 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

Well, junk, I do agree that crApple makes a good computer if you're not used to windows.

I think THIS may settle the issue.

#11 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

LMAO!

hehe @ boat anchor

I've never owned one and thanks to this guy, I never will.

Nice drop kick, Hunter Kressel (just guessing at the spelling).

Thanks for sharing and for the laughs, Phantasmagoria!

#12 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

I can put in a few good words for eMachines and some bad words for Dell.

Dell uses proprietary hardware - you need a part, you get it from them, and they charge a lot. eMachines, for the most part, use parts that can be replaced off-the-shelf. Power supply looks normal. Memory is standard. Case looks like a normal case.

Dell sounds as though they have good deals, until you realize what you're getting. Usually, you get one fan in the entire machine that does the duty of cooling the processor and the case and everything in it. They use slow memory (usually PC2100) and you won't be getting an 800mhz frontside bus or Dual-Channel RAM. Dell usually comes with onboard video and too little memory.

IMHO, you would be better off checking out computer magazines such as Computer Shopper for machines with better parts. Or get one built at a reputable computer store to your specifications. Stay away from cheap cases and motherboards - they don't hold up well.

#13 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

If a recent new post by the original poster of this thread is any sign, then the decision has been made and they are going with Apple.

#14 DamSexy

DamSexy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:40 AM

ye im going with apple but i dnt know which one to buy?
Posted Image

#15 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:33 PM

Dear Phanta,

That was a great video...I am still smiling. Thanks.

Although, it was a good video supposedly done on a Mac and you can rant about the same for any computer.

We have all been there!

Now Sexy, a friend of mine bought the new G5 Mac after I told him to go with a G4 powerbook. Needless to say he had, has, and will have problems.

Apple's work very differently than IBM clones. Oh just to throw you, IBM makes the G5 processor for Apple.

My friend has taken the mindset of a clone PC to Apple and that cannot be done.

If you are in the market for a Laptop, go with a G4 Powerbook in any configuration that fits your price range.

If you are in the market for a desktop, I would wait just a little longer if you want to go G5 processor. Let Apple iron out the bugs. What I hear is that Apple has a better G5 coming out soon.

Keep an eye out for that.

Hope that helps,

Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users