Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier, it's Christmas and I had to leave somewhere for a few hours..
You have another nasty infection here, that replaces the legitimate files into another folder called Bak
. We are going to deal with it now, this infection is sometimes confusing for some users, but that is why we will use an automated tool (Combofix). View Point Programs WarningViewpoint Manager
and Viewpoint Media Player
is considered as foistware
instead of malware since it is installed without
users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This changed from what we know in 2006 read this article:http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now. Click on start
> and then paste the following into the "open
" field: appwiz.cpl
and press OK
. From within Add or Remove Programs
uninstall the following if they exist: Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player
Additional instructions on remocing program can be found here
.Removing Programs using Add/Remove
Since you have the latest version of Java, having the older version can be exposed to malware.
" on the taskbar and then click on the "Control Panel
Please doubleclick the "Add or Remove Programs" icon
A list of programs installed will be "populated" this may take a bit of time.
If they exist, uninstall the following by clicking on the following entries and selecting "remove
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
Java™ 6 Update 5
Java™ 6 Update 7
Additional instructions can be found here
if needed.Run ComboFix with CFScript
We will run ComboFix again. This time, the instructions are slightly different.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you at "C:\ComboFix.txt"
. Post back with that log.Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallQuestionable Folder
I have one question for you do you know what the folder below is??
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Desktop\erj170tutv1.zip
It appears to be on your Compaq_Administrator
accounr's desktop? If you do not know it's best to delete it, otherwise please tell me what it is.Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this link
Please post back with:-Combofix log
-Answer to my question
-Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log