Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Center Alert: Win32.Netsky.Q

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aabbccdd

aabbccdd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and have tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but it hasn't found anything even on the full scan. I have already used this program to good effect to rid myself of XP Antivirus 2008 a few weeks back, so I wasn't disappointed to see that it didn't work this time.

It seems to me like this is a very recent virus as all the information I can find on the internet comes from the last few days only. Also, I'm not entirely sure I can trust all the internet resources on this particular problem as some of the sites I have visited appear slightly suspicious with poor English and asking me to download programs directly without even telling me what I'm downloading.

Please can someone help, I'm borrowing someone else's computer to type this and I really need to get it sorted asap.

Many thanks.

Split from this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186837/security-center-alert-win32netskyq/ ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 December 2008 - 05:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

Hello aabbccdd,

In order to assist you, we need some additional information:

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

Can you please describe the problems you are having with your computer: pop-ups, redirections, etc. Please be as specific as you can.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 aabbccdd

aabbccdd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

Orange Blossom,

Thanks for your response, I have actually managed to resolve the issue. I discovered that the reason malwarebytes wasn't working was because the virus wasn't letting it download the latest updates, so I downloaded and ran superantispyware and that seemed to get rid of some of the virus, because I was then able to update MBAM. After I updated and ran MBAM again it seemed to get rid of the virus completely.

Cheers,

aabbccdd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users