Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggested tutorial corrections

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

Don't know if some things changed when HJT went to Trend Micro, but here are a few tidiness things: ( nice tutorial, by the way!)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-post-a-hijackthis-log/

1) The red box is missing in Figure 3

2) Just below Figure 6:
"Press the OK button and you will now see a screen similar to Figure 5 above. This time press the Close button to close the installation program. You will now be back at your desktop."

The screen shot shows "quit" rather than Close.

3) Just below Figure 12:

"The first thing you should do at this point is place a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis."

The screen shot doesn't match the instructions. The screen shot says "Show this window when I start Hjt" and to be consistent with the instructions, it needs to be unchecked rather than checked.

Picky picky - while I'm at it

4) Just below Figure 14:

"... Simply press the Desktop button to save it your desktop ..."

should be: to your desktop

Do you want me to do this on any further tutorials as I work through them? I'm happy to proofread if it's helpful, as I have some experience at it. I won't do any further ones unless asked.

Zllio

Edited by Zllio, 18 December 2008 - 11:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thanks!

Fixed all the mistakes.

2) Just below Figure 6:
"Press the OK button and you will now see a screen similar to Figure 5 above. This time press the Close button to close the installation program. You will now be back at your desktop."

The screen shot shows "quit" rather than Close.

This part is actually correct. After the installation the Quit button becomes Close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users