Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2zzgtte

2zzgtte

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

sorry to bring up old threads but I just built my computer and I am getting this right when i try to install windows XP. it goes thorugh the beginning where it says everything at the bottom and then right when it says "starting windows XP" it goes to blue screen wit the error

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, blah blah blah)

pci.sys - address blah base at blah, datestamp blah

Wtf should i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic16553.html

I suspect that slipstreaming a new CD with SP2 or SP3 installed might take care of it. Not a time-consuming process and it will save lots of time if you are trying to install with an XP CD without subseqent updates/SPs and when doing a repair install or attempting to run sfc /scannow.

To create the slipstreamed CD, I would use nLite - Deployment Tool for Unattended Windows - Guide - http://www.nliteos.com/guide/index.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users