Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Projection Screen no longer displaying

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cgrl09

cgrl09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi All,
I just registered to this forum and really hope I might find some help here. I am a long time Mac user with not a whole lot of windows experience. I am using a dual processor macbook and running XP Home Edition 2002. I'm suddenly having an issue with my display not projecting. A little background: The display was working correctly until two days ago so I know that it is not something that my computer is lacking. Also, it must not be a hardware issue since the screen projects fine on my Mac side. Also, I've ruled out the possibility of it being the projector because I've tried it on two other projectors as well. A Tech guy at a company that I was presenting to the other day changed some settings in the control panel because my screen was not showing up on their projector (actually the screen showed up as I was booting up and then disappeared).
Now, my wallpaper shows up on the projected screen and nothing else. None of my icons are showing up on the desktop and if I open a program, nothing shows up. Also, my wallpaper shows up as a box on my desktop instead of full screen.
I have played around with the resolution on both displays and that has not helped. I did clone my monitor by checking the "enable this display" box. I've also played with the positioning of the monitors a little bit to no avail.
Since I'm not very familiar with windows, I'm hoping that there is a quick fix to this that I am overlooking.
Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated, as I am supposed to give a presentation later today that must be done in windows.
Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hmmm... Ordinarily (on non-Mac laptops) there is a specific key combination (like Fn+F4 or something) that will switch to presentation mode. It sounds like this is what you need to do. I'm not familiar with running Windows on Mac hardware, so I can't make many suggestions. Is there a key combination used on Macbooks to switch to presentation mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users