Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looping flash file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Hey folks,

I made myself a neat little gif animation as a site banner. Saved it as an animated gif and it ran once, job done. Problem being it was 480k. So I tried converting the banner to flash. Looked great, worked great. Except it now loops endlessly, which is pretty annoying when viewed after the first couple of times.

I've got all the software I need to make it work, but not the method. The only method I have at the moment is the old right-click on the animation and uncheck the loop. I checked through the embedded code and it doesn't seem to have a loop built in so I can't change the value at that end.

If anyone knows a way to fix it so it only plays once I'd apreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Flaxtelios

Flaxtelios

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

Are you using any type of flash software? if so which one?

oh and as a site banner, what's the problem with the size? :thumbsup:

Edited by Flaxtelios, 21 December 2008 - 04:43 PM.

Hey I'm Kyle, It's an honour to be in your presence.... hey wait that's your line. :o
Sometimes the Hardest thing and the Right thing are the same.

#3 webrat

webrat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hey Flaxtelios,

I'm using Flash CS3 and a range of similar software so I can do what I like with it, but I've not got fully up to speed on using it yet :-)

As for the size issue, I'm trying to keep things lightweight for download/performance reasons - the flash version comes in at just 147k so if I can fix the loop issue I'm laughing. Plus it actually looks a bit sharper in Flash which is a bonus.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users