Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange happenings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ohiosecretary

Ohiosecretary

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

Good morning!
Ok...here's my story....
my daughter's computer was working fine when she went to bed....(this was DAYS ago)....the next time she sat down @ the computer...it would NOT connect to the internet....
I've run AVG a million times, nothing found....we've added a new eathernet driver & port....thinking possibly that her original one gone bad....(it's attached to the mother board).....ok here's the strange thing....
I can get her AOL/Yahoo Messanger open....but the internet will NOT open....her AVG will update....we get the page cannot be displayed message????????????????? At one point I had spybot-search & destroy on the system...but it's gone.....I think she possible removed it...in her attempt to clean things up.....
I cannot open the internet, so there's no way for me to download ANY cleaners....?????????

ANY help would be GREATLY apprieated!!!!!!!

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:45 PM

If you keep Windows updated - try manually running Microsoft's Malicious Software removal tool:

How to Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT.EXE) in Vista, XP, 2000 and 2K3
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/29/h...p-2000-and-2k3/

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users