Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Driver Corruption

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 5w0rd

5w0rd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

hey, im running winxp home edit. on a gateway laptop, Solo 5300. I have an entire smorgasboard of problems, 1. my wireless card, which is the only one i really care about. It isn't working propely... actually, not at all. I try and connect using my D-Link Airplus DWL-650+ card. It says "not connected" but the button that says "connect" or "disconnect" says disconnect, obviously what it says when im connected to a network. I try and view a webpage and it says it can't be displayed. I reinstalled my card and double-checked it, its good, but then I went to the device manager and there is my driver, Xircom MPCI Modem 56. It has a little yellow exclimation point on it. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I went to Gateway.com and got 2 different versions, both for WinXP (tried them independently before having both on, so it isn't conflicting) and it says:
"Cannot Install this Hardware
There was a problem installing the device
Xircom MPCI Modem 56
An error occured durnign th installation of the device
The Specified Service does not exist as a installed service."
What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

I would follow the suggestions in the link following...and then try to properly reinstall the correct drivers. Drivers installed sometimes get in the way of other drivers.

How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users