Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Code Blue Worm

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 stupid spyware

stupid spyware

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Hey, I figured out I was infected and did some research online and I think it is the code blue worm. Every time I turn on my computer like 10-20 Just-in-time debuggers pop up and every time I x out of them they come back. I think the debuggers are legit so I tried using them and it asks me to fix c:/svchost.exe but it is unable to. I also get an application error some times that pops up and asks me to terminate something that failed to happen, but nothing happens when I click the o.k.. I tried getting rid of c:/svchost.exe in my registry myself, but it keeps comin back. Would appreciate some help, thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 December 2008 - 11:16 PM.
Move from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as there are no logs. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Hello, I think we'll have a better idea if we can see a log from MBam.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hey did what you said. It did find some stuff and I had it delete it and rebooted but the problems didn't go away. Heres the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1517
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/18/2008 7:25:24 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-18 (19-25-24).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 184557
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 4
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
c:\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8f9e2be3-766d-4831-bb0e-766d5b819995} (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1a26f07f-0d60-4835-91cf-1e1766a0ec56} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ca4f0d8d-5f2b-4f16-838a-8d52249eab21} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msn (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnhost (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnload (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnconvert (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnmessendger (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders (Broken.SecurityProviders) -> Bad: (msapsspc.dll schannel.dll digest.dll msnsspc.dll ntoskrnl.dll) Good: (msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll, ntoskrnl.dll) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hello again,it appears you are lacking a security patch somehow. See Information on Code Blue Worm.. You'll need MS00-044.
So ... Go to that link and install the patch. Reboot if needed.

Open MBAM Click update and update. Do Not run yet.

NOW run ATF
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Follow with SAS scan:
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
NOW run the MBAM scan and post that log also.
Also tell us how it's doing now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

Hey I wasn't able to download the security patch, I think because the updates are for windows 2000 and NT. I run xp.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:44 AM

Hmm .Ok we will see that last then > I will check if it's neded. Do the rest. I'll check back tomorrow.

#7 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

I tried to download the microsoft updatse again and was able to download the second Q301625is.exe(the 1.3MB file) under the
Microsoft IIS 4.0 patch but thats it. I then went ahead and did all of what you said, but I am still having same issues and slow proformence. Here are the logs:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 12/19/2008 at 03:34 AM

Application Version : 4.23.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 3679
Trace Rules Database Version: 1658

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:20:21

Memory items scanned : 170
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6466
Registry threats detected : 12
File items scanned : 98626
File threats detected : 5

Trojan.Downloader-SVCHost/Fake
[Msn] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnHost] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnLoad] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnConvert] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnMessendger] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[Msn] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnHost] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnLoad] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnConvert] C:\SVCHOST.EXE
[MsnMessendger] C:\SVCHOST.EXE

Trojan.Media-Codec
HKU\S-1-5-21-1845580748-1910595113-867884688-1009\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{67982BB7-0F95-44C5-92DC-E3AF3DC19D6D}
HKU\S-1-5-21-1845580748-1910595113-867884688-1009\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{84938242-5C5B-4A55-B6B9-A1507543B418}

Trace.Known Threat Sources
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U785VCFU\new[2].htm
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\50ZZTR6J\new[1].htm
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TLIBHLTD\g_default[1].gif
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U785VCFU\new[3].htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Database version: 1519

12/19/2008 4:41:39 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-19 (04-41-39).txt

Objects scanned: 152185
Time elapsed: 58 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

c:\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Failed to unload process.

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msn (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnhost (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnload (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnconvert (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\msnmessendger (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\U785VCFU\1mpg3149[1].exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

We have a trouble maker,aka DNS changer... Let's see if we can find it. Run Part1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix .

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

If the log comes back very long due to a crazy amount of 127.000.00 entries you can omit them. just make a note that you had a bunch.

#9 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ok heres the log:

SmitFraudFix v2.387

Scan done at 15:52:43.10, Fri 12/19/2008
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SOSHOME22\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\VS7JIT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

hosts

hosts file corrupted !

127.0.0.1 www.legal-at-spybot.info
127.0.0.1 legal-at-spybot.info

C:\

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At?.job FOUND !
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At??.job FOUND !

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

o4Patch
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

o4Patch
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

IEDFix

IEDFix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

VACFix

VACFix

404Fix

404Fix

Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="avgrsstx.dll"
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001

Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"
"System"=""

RK

DNS

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 209.55.5.10
DNS Server Search Order: 209.55.5.11

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11

Scanning for wininet.dll infection

End

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Hi,we need to run another part of Smitfraudfix..
Double-click smitfraudfix.exe to start the tool again.
Select option #5 - Search and clean DNS Hijack by typing 5 and press "Enter".
After running SmitFraudFix, a text file named rapport.txt will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive at C:\rapport.txt.
Post that back.

Now open MBAM. Click the Update tab and update. Rescana nd post that new log.

#11 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

Logs:

SmitFraudFix v2.387

Scan done at 16:50:04.31, Fri 12/19/2008
Fix run in normal mode

DNS Before Fix

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{07275147-7C21-4A5C-9D64-8E2397DDF2B5}: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=209.55.5.10 209.55.5.11

DNS After Fix

Database version: 1523

12/19/2008 5:51:57 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-19 (17-51-57).txt

Objects scanned: 163008
Time elapsed: 58 minute(s), 53 second(s)

c:\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

This is good,the changer is gone. Now you may have to run te update, scan ,reboot MBam routine a few more times till it comes back clean.

#13 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

I run MBAM some more times but, can't seem to rid my self of the svchost.exe file heres the log I keep getting:

Database version: 1525

12/20/2008 4:14:09 AM
mbam-log-2008-12-20 (04-14-09).txt

Objects scanned: 172886
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 1 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

Ok lets do Part 2 of SmitfraudFix..
You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

#15 stupid spyware

stupid spyware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

So far I haven't had any debuggers popup, heres the log:

SmitFraudFix v2.387

Scan done at 16:07:11.32, Sat 12/20/2008
Fix run in safe mode

SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

Killing process

hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
127.0.0.1 008k.com
127.0.0.1 www.00hq.com
127.0.0.1 00hq.com
127.0.0.1 010402.com
127.0.0.1 www.032439.com
127.0.0.1 032439.com

VACFix

VACFix

Winsock2 Fix

S!Ri's WS2Fix: LSP not Found.

Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

Deleting infected files

C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At?.job Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\At??.job Deleted

IEDFix

IEDFix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

404Fix

404Fix

RK

DNS

Deleting Temp Files

Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

End

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users